Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January

Its January... I folded a laundry basket of half clothes and half un-put-up Christmas decor tonight. It sat on my bedroom floor the entire month of December. I kept coming across things and thinking... 'so that's where that went...'. I'm not proud...and I'm pretty sure my mother isn't either. But as I've been folding tonight, I've been thinking about what I want to work on this year. There's a lot to choose from. I think the thing I need most is a better understanding of Gods grace. How badly I need it and how sickeningly undeserving I am of it and how I can do nothing to earn it. I have kids who need it too... teen years come this year and... I don't even have words to put down about that. I just know I can't do it... Motherhood is hard and I fail often. I need to understand His grace. To know Him more. To speak Gospel words to myself and to my kids. I think the other things will fall into place.

1 comment:

joanna said...

i need similar stuff. thanks for writing.