Saturday, January 12, 2013

Something New

I bought a book the other day called "Cleaning House - A Mom's 12 Month Experiment to Rid Her Home of Youth Entitlement".

Here's a link:

http://www.themoatblog.com/cleaning-house-a-moms-12-month-experiment-to-rid-her-home-of-youth-entitlement/

It's well worth your time to check it out. I've just gotten through the 1st ch but already identified with her in a lot of areas. At any rate I'm taking on the experiment here and hopefully some things will change.

Now I'm choosing to write about it here because knowing that 3 people might read this will hopefully be some kind of motivation for accountability. I do have 'sticktoititis' which could create some problems but what I'm hoping is that their ability to do things they didn't think they could will be my motivation and theirs.

We're officially not starting till Feb. 1 but I've started asking them to do things here and there... poor Henry is going to struggle the most.


I asked him & the 'man-child' to put the fitted sheets on their beds. Yes, just the fitted sheets... those bunk beds are a NIGHTMARE to change the sheets!!! We will work up to the whole bed. But one would have thought I was asking him to lift the car off one of his siblings with all the drama. But he did it. And when I thanked him... he was pretty proud of himself.

So there it is... all out there. It's gonna be an interesting year.


2 comments:

Beth Buster said...

Great job!! We HATED changing sheets and making beds with bunk beds. But even without them now, it is torture for a couple of my younger boys to have to straighten sheets and blankets to have their beds made in the morning! Can't wait to see what's next!

Chelsea said...

I love this! I think T could handle it for sure... I hate changing the bunk bed sheets! But thankfully right now, I can't actually fit between the safety rail and next bunk of the top two, so they aren't my responsibility anyway!
In completely unrelated news, the children's sheets may not have been changed in two months. ;o)